Groups must have at least one (1) adult chaperone for every ten (10) students/children attending. An adult constitutes any and all teachers, aides, paraprofessionals, school/organizational staff, nurses, drivers, guides, and/or parents that will be in attendance with your group and over the age of 18. Failure to meet the required adult minimum requirement will result in a $25.00 charge for each missing adult, plus any program fees that may apply.
Groups may bring more adults than the ones required to fulfill our 1:10 ratio. However, only one (1) adult per ten (10) children in attendance will receive free admission to the museum. Adults outside of this 1:10 ratio will be charged an admission fee, plus any program fees that apply.
Proper adult chaperoning helps to provide a quality visit for all guests. As such, all adult chaperones are required to provide the following support at Discovery World by:
- Actively supervising the students/children assigned to them in all parts of the museum (including the Gift Shop, Café, program locations, theater, and lunch areas.)
- Staying with their assigned students/children at all times and enforcing all of our rules and policies.
- Making sure the students/children in your group stay with their adult chaperones at all times. (Unchaperoned students/children will be delayed and unable to explore or experience exhibits without proper supervision, so please keep that in mind.)
- Being solely responsible for the behavior, well-being, and the discipline of their assigned students/children.
- Being responsible for knowing their group’s schedule and getting the group to scheduled lunches or programs at the appropriate times.
It is the group leader’s job to make sure that all adults chaperoning are aware of their responsibilities.