Summer Camp Supply Support Staff
Position: Summer Camp Supply Support Staff
Reports To: Education Programs Manager
Schedule: Monday-Friday, staggered schedule between 7:30am-5:30pm, June 3-August 23, 2024
Pay Rate: $14/hour (This is a seasonal, non-exempt position.)
The Summer Camp Supply Support Staff is a responsible and enthusiastic individual, passionate about working with youth, who works closely with Summer Camp leadership to implement and oversee the Summer Camp Program. This position also takes the lead in ensuring that camp supplies are prepared and delivered to the proper camp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the organization and inventory of supplies, assemble and deliver weekly supply bins.
- Check on the daily upkeep of the labs and lab materials.
- Facilitate daily camp operations such as camper check-in, lunch, snack, recess, and check-out.
- Supervise and lead games/activities at recess and other play times. Interact with students at lunch and during additional supervisory times.
- Supervise before and after care time periods, engaging with campers and ensuring safety.
- Assist with educator/camp group needs, and other duties as assigned.
- Help direct and support camp volunteers.
- Communicate with the Summer Camp Manger and Coordinator.
- Adhere to Discovery World’s safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Act as a substitute teacher for camps in instances of staff illness or emergency.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, cutting, etc.): Often
- Required to exert physical effort in handing objects more than 30 pounds: Often
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.): Rarely
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment involving dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements: Occasionally
- Normal setting for this job is: Office/Classroom setting with daily outside supervision.
- Days consist of walking and standing for long periods of time.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- 1+ year(s) of experience working in a classroom, camp, or similar related experience.
- High school diploma required, degree or enrollment in Education or related fields a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment and have experience working with youth.
- Flexible, problem-solver and willing to perform a wide variety of tasks to help the team.
- Comfortable assisting with camps focused on an array of subject matter including science, technology, design, and engineering.
- Must demonstrate organizational skills and extreme care for details.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people and shows excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor.