Guest Services Representative (Part-Time)
Position: Guest Services Representative (Part-Time)
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Schedule: Part-Time | Sunday-Saturday, 8:45am-4:15pm, up to 28 hours/week
Pay Rate: $13/hour
Guest Service Representatives are responsible for the daily operations of the museum, exhibits, admissions, and events while successfully adhering to the highest of customer service standards. Guest Service representatives are the first point of contact for guests and provide hands-on learning opportunities to all guests of the museum. Guest Services not only operate the exhibits, but they are part of the experience we offer the public. Candidates are required to be outgoing, upbeat, committed to the mission, and driven for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain highest level of customer service.
- Operating and maintaining exhibits; powering exhibits on and off, troubleshooting, reporting trouble tickets, upholding exhibit readiness and presentation.
- Speaking in front of large and small diverse groups, addressing all guests with respect and enthusiasm.
- Engage customers in exhibit-relevant dialogue.
- Selling tickets and memberships in Altru.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of exhibit areas.
- Cash handling when selling tickets and memberships at admissions desk.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.): part of the workday
- Required to speak to customers via telephone, email, and/or in-person: most of the workday
- May be required to lift objects up to 30 pounds: rarely
- May be exposed to physical occupational risks (cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.): rarely
- May be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, and noise, weather extremes, and/or similar elements: rarely
- The normal setting for this position is: Museum Exhibits
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years previous customer service experience in a museum or hospitality setting is preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Cash handling experience is a plus but not required.
- Previous work in a museum or cultural institution setting is preferred.