Dive deep into the Reiman Aquarium. Volunteer divers help with cleaning and maintenance of the large aquarium habitats. Divers must agree to abide by strict safety and husbandry protocols and will be required to verify they have the proper skills to work in a safe manner prior to volunteering.
- Must be over 18.
- Required paperwork that must be completed before the first dive:
- Background Check
- Liability Waiver and Confidentiality Agreement
- Emergency Assistance Plan
- Dive Plan Acknowledgement
- Volunteer Diver Assumption of Risk
- DMSC Medical Assessment with possible physician evaluation
- Divers may be asked to complete a physical evaluation based on the DMSC medical assessment. Cost of the exam is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Diver must hold at least an Open Water Dive Certified by a nationally recognized organization (PADI, NAUI, etc.).
- Minimum experience of 8 logged open water dives, within the last 24 months.
- Must have the following equipment for both cold and warm water. You are responsible for any wear and tear on personal gear. Tank temperature range 60-80:
- Full wetsuit (arms and legs must be covered; dry suits are not allowed)
- No tanks, BCDs, fins or snorkels allowed
- Discovery World provides:
- Air and regulators via Brownie Dive Compressors
- Weights and Weight Bells
A minimum of one dive every two months is required. Dives take place on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.
To join the waitlist, please fill out a Volunteer Application online using the “Join the Waitlist” button below, or contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 414-765-8629 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Join the Waitlist