Position: Events Coordinator
Reports To: Events Manager
Under the direction of the Events Manager, this individual will plan and execute Discovery World events. This is a full-time position that includes weekday, weekend, and evening hours. The ideal candidate is organized, has excellent communication and planning skills, and demonstrates first-rate customer service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Planning and facilitation of all Discovery World events
- Complete calendar entries and coordinate event spaces and associated schedules
- Communicate with event vendors and partners for participation in Discovery World events
- Work with Events Manager to create monthly event staffing schedules
- Assist with event set-up including, but not limited to; tables, linens, chairs, stanchions, A/V needs, etc.
- Assist with coordination and communication of event needs from other departments within Discovery World
- Act as representative for Discovery World and provide coverage and support for events.
- Communicate effectively with event participants before, during, and after event experiences.
- Assist with post event tracking, price reviews, and invoicing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects such as tables and chairs. Also required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Required on occasion to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalency required. Some college coursework or degree preferred.
- At least two years of experience in a customer service, event planning, or hospitality position.
- History of success in fast-paced working environments with diverse array of clients.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, guests, and fellow employees.
- Ability to think on ones feet, take initiative, and apply common sense to carry out tasks independently.
- Remain dedicated to providing excellent customer service and have a proactive attitude towards assisting guests.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Superior work ethic and ability to manage and prioritize time effectively.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on challenges with a positive attitude.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance and engage with guests in a respectful and thoughtful manner.
- Strong work history of reliability.