Events Attendant (Part-Time)
Position: Events Attendant (Part-Time)
Reports To: Events Manager
Schedule: Part-Time, Evening & Weekend hours
Pay Rate: $13/hour
Event Attendants are responsible for greeting and orientating event guests while adhering to the highest of customer service standards during both Discovery World and Catered events. Event Attendants will follow event schedules and familiarize themselves with each event that they are attending. Event Attendants are responsible for representing Discovery World and upholding Discovery World’s standards for service, operations and upkeep of event spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain highest level of customer service while greeting and orientating event and museum guests
- Ensure Discovery World’s standards for service and cleanliness are upheld during all events
- Maintain good communication with Discovery World Staff, Bartolotta Catering & Events Staff, Security Guards, Parking Staff, and Custodial Staff to make sure all event details are executed as expected
- Complete any Audio/Visual needs as assigned for each scheduled event. For example, basic laptop hook-up for event music, turning on lights in necessary event spaces, ensuring curtains are open/closed, turning on projectors, etc.
- Complete Event checklists pre and post event as assigned
- Communicate any issues with Management promptly
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination and finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.): Frequently
- Required to speak to customers via telephone, email, and/or in-person: Frequently
- Required to exert physical effort in handing objects more than 50 pounds (such as table set-up, chair set-up, moving signage, moving A/V equipment, etc.): Sometimes
- May be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, and noise, weather extremes, and/or similar elements: Sometimes
- The normal setting for this position is: Front Desk, Event Spaces, and Museum Exhibits
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma: Required
- Some College Coursework: Preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years previous Customer Service experience in a hospitality or event setting: Preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual and comfort learning new skills such as: laptop hook-up, playing music on a sound system, playing a PowerPoint Presentation, microphone hook-up, etc.
- Basic computer skills such as: Microsoft Suite, Creation, and maintenance of spreadsheets.
- Excellent attention to detail and high-level of organization skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to adapt on the fly
- Commitment to providing a high-quality guest experience