Audio/Visual (A/V) Technician (Part-Time)
Position: Audio/Visual (A/V) Technician (Part-Time)
Reports To: Events Manager
Schedule: Flexible hours including evenings and weekends, 20-25 hours per week
Pay Rate: Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Discovery World is seeking a part-time A/V Technician to perform audio and video equipment setup, maintenance, and operation for our events and presentations. The ideal candidate will have experience in A/V technology and equipment, be detail-oriented, and possess strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Set up, operate, and maintain A/V equipment for events, meetings, and presentations
- Continually monitors audio/visual systems during event and checks-in on clients as necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve A/V equipment issues during events
- Collaborate with event organizers to understand A/V needs and provide recommendations for equipment and setups
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of A/V equipment, including cleaning and organizing equipment storage areas
- Ensure all equipment is properly stored and secured after events
- Train other staff members and event volunteers on basic A/V equipment operation
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of A/V equipment and supplies
- Assist with other tasks as needed, including event setup and breakdown
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.): frequently
- Required to exert physical effort in handing objects more than 30 pounds: often
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.): occasionally
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements: occasionally
- Normal setting for this job is: office/event spaces/museum setting
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in A/V technology and equipment setup and operation
- Strong knowledge of audio and video signal flow and equipment, including microphones, speakers, mixers, projectors, and screens
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
This is a part-time position, with an expected workload of approximately 20-25 hours per week. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in joining Discovery World as an A/V Technician, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and availability with your application.Apply Now